1.Start by using a tangle teeter or loop brush to remove tangles, working from ends to roots.
2.Rinse your wig or topper in warm water or in the shower
3.Stroke hair in a downwards motion with a sulphate-free shampoo
4.Rinse, still stroking in downwards motion
5.Use the same method to apply conditioner to your wig or topper and leave as long as possible
6.Rinse, still stroking in downwards motion
7.Pat your hair dry gently and allow hair to dry naturally, but if you wish to use a hair dryer, remember to always use a heat protectant to stop hair from becoming dried out.
9.Optional: Apply moroccan oil and other serums to the ends of the wig or topper.
All our wigs are made of top quality hair, whether that be synthetic hair or human hair.
Both human hair and synthetic hair have benefits and limitations. Neither one is ‘better’ — the right choice depends on your situation:
• How much time and effort you have to spend on caring for your new hair?
• If your hair loss is temporary or permanent?
Whichever you choose, you will look beautiful and well-groomed.
Human Hair Wigs
Human hair wigs will always have the most natural look and feel. They are also very versatile — you can cut, style, or dye them as you wish. They also tend to tangle less than synthetic hair.
These wigs are costly but long lasting – they can last more than a year of frequent use, with proper care.
Human hair wigs need specialised moisture-replacing shampoos and conditioners, because the hair is not moisturised by the natural oils of the scalp.
Daily styling is also needed. Some find this time-consuming, but others enjoy the normality of the styling routine, and being able to change the look of their wig. Being human hair, these wigs are prone to frizzing or lankiness in humid conditions.
Is a human hair wig the best choice for you? The answer depends on your budget, and your lifestyle.
• The most natural looking solution
• Super versatile – these wigs can be styled, cut, permed or coloured
• More durable and long-lasting than synthetic wigs
• Cap constructed with hair cuticles running in same direction which reduces tangling
• Higher price, due to careful collection and processing of hair
• Requires more care, and must be shampooed, dried, conditioned, and styled
• May frizz in humid conditions.
Synthetic Hair Wigs
Today’s synthetic wigs are technologically advanced and look and feel almost exactly like human hair.
They are convenient – no need to style, just put them on, and go. The strands sit perfectly into place, whether the style is curly, wavy, or straight. Synthetic wigs look fabulous whatever the weather.
Synthetic wigs can not be re-styled, cut, or coloured. However, many cap constructions allow hair to be parted different ways, or worn back from the face.
Their affordability means you may choose to own several different styles.
Most synthetic hair must be kept away from heat such as from hair dryers or ovens.
Synthetic wigs are much more affordable than human hair wigs, but have a shorter life span – about 4 to 6 months, with optimal care.
• Very natural looking
• Pre-styled – convenient, and ready to wear
• Low maintenance
• More affordable than human hair wigs
• Can be serviced to extend life and restore condition
• Colour and style cannot be changed, except for parting and wearing back from face
• Heat sensitive – must be kept clear of any heat source
• Less durable than human hair wigs — synthetic wigs last about a year.
With dozens of wigs and hundreds of colours, choosing a wig is great fun, but can be daunting. If you’re a first-time wig wearer, Superior Hair offers fitting services in-store and will happily provide a private room for you if you wish.
Our guide below will help you select the best wig for you
Choosing your hairstyle
Finding your favourite style is the best way to begin your search. There are two main options:
• a similar style to your usual style
• something new and different.
We recommend starting with a familiar style, and leaving dramatic changes for when you’re used to wearing a wig.
How to choose your wig size
All our wigs are available in Average and fits 95% of people.
All wigs feature adjustable velcro tabs, which can make the cap up to 2.5 cm or about ½” larger or smaller, for a comfortable, secure fit.
Our in-salon experts can help you fit your new wig to the perfect size at no additional cost.