You are trying to purchase more products than available in stock.
Superior Hair are one of New Zealand’s leading providers of men’s hair replacement systems. Our custom-made hair loss solutions include tailor-made hair pieces, custom hair units and accessories. We utilise the latest non-surgical technologies to provide undetectable hair replacement that looks and feels natural that is no pain, and all gain.
Our supreme quality hair pieces are made with 100% human hair to deliver exceptional, life-like results at affordable prices. Because our systems are the highest quality, they feel natural and real and can be safely worn through all of life’s usual activities like swimming and playing sports. You’ll feel youthful and fresh with hair replacement that requires minimal upkeep and can be washed in the shower just like natural hair.
Superior Hair also offer pre-made ready-to-wear men’s toupees, toppers, and wigs.
If you are ready to regain your youthful glow, talk to one of our trained experts or visit our salon to learn more. We offer private rooms and a concealed entrance if you wish to remain discreet.
Private rooms and a concealed entrance for comfort and discretion
Visit us or online Zoom consultation
From $780+GST incl. Full Service Fitting
Fully trained stylists
Whether you want a lace hair system, a skin hair system or a mono hair system, we will make sure that your custom-made hairpiece is undetectable, long- lasting, and perfect in every way. Explore our most popular hair replacement systems.
Monofilament silk top and poly coating edge, scallop front provides more natural looking hairline. Suitble for heavy density styles.
Micro skin & super fine monofilament. Single strand, single knotted. French lace front to make undetectable hairline. Breathable and comfortable.
Durability: Medium to Long
Super soft clear see through thin skin poly base, less breathable than lace and mono bace, but more Undetectable. Can cut base & fit.
Durability: Short to Medium
"Root To Tip" Fairly natural looking appearance as the hair appears to be growing directly from the skin strand by strand, with no hair knots.
Durability: Medium to Long
201 Symonds St, Eden Terrace, Auckland 1010
Mon - fri : 10:00 am - 5:00pm
Sat : 09:00 am - 4:00pm
Sun & Public Holiday : Closed
Getting started is as easy as booking an appointment with one of our trained team. During your appointment, our specialist will give you advice on the best solutions for you.
For the consultation, we invite you to bring in old photos of yourself before hair loss occurred, or other pictures showing hair that looks what you would like.
At this appointment we determine the best method to use for your hairpiece, as well your requirements for:
• Base design
• Hair style
• Hair length
• Hair density
• hair type
• Hair colour (to match your existing hair, if desired)
• Hair texture
Once you have decided on a hair loss solution, leave it to our team to create, install, and cut and style your brand new hair. It takes about 8-12 weeks for the custom-made hairpiece to be made.
When your solution arrives, you’ll be required to visit the salon for a 1 hour installation appointment. During this appointment, we will give you all the information you need to care for your solution long-term. We can also repair the hairpiece if it eventually deteriorates from normal wear and tear.
Custom-made hair loss solutions are just that - one hundred percent customised to fit you.
The team at Superior Hair will design and create a hair piece that is perfect for your hair type; density, texture, using the most appropriate hair for your need and personally prepared for you so that it is ready to enjoy. Your new hairpiece will be shaped and sized to match your unique balding pattern. It will be colour-matched, cut, and styled to blend naturally with your own natural growing hair.
We are the experts in determining the best method of hair replacement for you. Book in for a free consultation and let us help you regain your hair confidence.
If you do not have the time or desire to wait for a custom-made hair replacement system to be created for you, you are welcome to explore our ready-to-wear selection.
Ready-to-wear hair solutions are systems you can start wearing immediately. At Superior Hair, we offer a full range of ready-to-wear systems that can be chosen from our in-salon display.
Every one of our ready-to-wear items is made from the highest quality human hair and feature the same durability and attention to detail as our custom pieces. They are available in different sizes and can be cut and styled to seamlessly blend with your existing hair.
Because these solutions are pre-made, not everyone will find a ready-to-wear solution that works for them due to colour differences or the shape of your balding area. In these cases, a custom-made solution is advised.
Take advantage of our free consultation service and book now.
The Wigs and Hairpieces Service Payment is a government scheme that awards a one-off payment to people who suffer from serious hair loss because of a medical condition or as a result of certain cancer therapies. The payments are to reduce the cost of purchasing and maintaining wig or hairpiece.
At Superior Hair, we use three methods to attach your hairpiece: double-sided tape, glue, or clips. Our trained specialists will advise which of these methods works best for your lifestyle.
Removal at night depends on the method used to attach your hairpiece. For example, clips and tape make it easy to remove and re-install your solution if you wish to remove it at night. Glue is the best method for long-lasting installation that lasts for weeks at a time - even when swimming, showering, and playing sports.
At Superior Hair, all of our hair loss solutions are made from 100% premium, top-quality human hair. All of our pieces are manufactured by our own factory meaning we have complete control over the quality of our products.
Men’s hair systems should be washed 1-2 per week with a moisturising shampoo and a deep conditioner to keep the hair looking soft and shiny.
If you are wearing your hairpiece to bed, take the time to comb it through gently before and after sleeping to reduce tangling.
If you have secured your hairpiece with glue professionally, this should be removed and re-bonded once a month. At Superior Hair, our re-bond service also includes a cut to your natural hair and a professional cleaning service for your hair loss system.
Tape is an excellent choice for installing your hairpiece. This method does require some home care and maintenance around once or twice per week. These steps are easy to follow, and our trained team will ensure you know how to care for and maintain your system during your consultation.
Sulphate-free and paraben-free shampoo and deep conditioner 1-2 times per week will keep it looking and feeling fresh.
How long your system will last depends on the type of system you choose. A skin base system will generally last 3-6 months, these systems are non-reparable. A lace system is much more durable, these tend to last around 8-12 months on average. These can also be repaired once.
The process usually takes around 8-12 weeks.
You may be able to have a ready-to-wear hairpiece installed as soon as possible if you are able to find a pre-made solution that you like. At your consultation, our team will schedule the installation at the earliest possible convenience.
As long as you counteract the regular exposure to salt or chlorinated water with natural oils or sulphate-free serums, you can swim as regularly as you wish. Swimming will not affect the effectiveness of the bond between your head and the system.
Like all human hair, the sun or mineral content may change your hair colour. This is very natural, and will likely occur alongside the lightening of your natural hair. You are welcome to tone your hair systems if you wish to remove any brassy tones.
Yes - you can safely darken or tone your hairpiece, but we strongly advise against lightening your system as this can cause irreversible damage.
Our custom-made systems start from $999+GST.
All custom made orders will require a 50% deposit to start the production.
Our ready-to-wear skin bases start from $897+GST.
Monthly maintenance for a re-bond is $75.
If the systems suffers any manufacturing problems or losses hair - Superior hair provides a free repair service for up to 4 months after your initial fitting. Any repairs required after the warranty period will Coe at a cost of $250. This service is completed overseas and will take 2-3 months to complete.
There are 2 ways to attach your Hair Piece, Tape is your best option to go with as we recommend Glue for professionals to do only.
- The recommended tape for attaching your hairpiece is our double-sided adhesive tape specifically designed for wigs or hair systems. We offer Walker Tape, Brown Tape and White Ultra Hold Tape. We offer them in 3 different shapes.
- Here's a step-by-step guide to attaching a hairpiece using tape:
1. Make sure your scalp is clean and free from any oils or residues.
2. Cut the double-sided adhesive tape into small strips or use precut tape strips designed for wig attachment. (They are pre cut into 3 different shapes)
3. Remove the protective backing from one side of the tape and attach it to the edge of the hairpiece.
4. Once the tape is applied to the hairpiece, remove the remaining protective backing from the other side of the tape.
5. Carefully place the hairpiece onto your scalp, aligning it with your desired position. Press down firmly to secure the tape to your scalp.
- When using tape to attach a hairpiece, remember to avoid excessive sweating or getting the taped area wet, as it may loosen the bond. To remove the hairpiece, gently lift the edges and use a specialized adhesive remover to dissolve any residue left by the tape, following the manufacturer's instructions.
- The recommended glue for attaching a hairpiece is a specialized wig adhesive or adhesive glue designed for hair systems. This is only recommended for professionals as it is an intricate job to do alone.
- To attach a hairpiece using glue, follow these steps:
1. Clean your scalp thoroughly and ensure it is free from oils or residues.
2. Apply a thin layer of adhesive glue onto your scalp using a small brush or applicator. Be sure to spread it evenly across the area where the hairpiece will be attached.
3. Wait for the glue to become tacky. This usually takes a few minutes, but follow the instructions provided with the glue.
4. Gently place the hairpiece onto the glued area, starting from the front and carefully pressing it down. Smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles.
5. Allow the glue to dry completely, which may take around 15-20 minutes.
- When using glue to attach a hairpiece, it's important to avoid excessive sweating or getting the glued area wet as it may affect the adhesive's longevity. To remove the hairpiece, apply a specialized wig adhesive remover to loosen the bond, following the manufacturer's instructions.